Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Race report: 2011's last race of the season

The YMCA Wrightsville Beach triathlon on September 17th was my last triathlon of the 2011 season.  It was a chilly morning, which was interesting until I got in the water... I realized I like racing in cooler weather!  Remember the 120' heat index Little Washington race in July!?  Quite different!  Once I got in the water, I felt great, since the lower air temperature made the water feel warm.  I enjoyed this race, and it was cool to have a friend in town from Raleigh for the race as well as many of my in-town Pink Ladies participating.  During the bike, my children cheered me on as the course takes the athletes right by the turn to our street!  By the end of the race, it had warmed up, and my friend Melanie and I  both sported out TriForAmani tees on the run!  :-)  Largely due to the February Bike to Benefit TriForAmani,  we raised enough to support 10 more babies in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment