Wednesday, November 9, 2011

OK maybe I shouldn't have said last RACE of the season....

The YMCA tri was the last triathlon of 2011, but this year I did something I never thought I'd do.    Triathlon has taught me never to doubt what I can achieve..... with the right training and the right mental attitude, even I who had never run a mile until October 2009 can reach most any goal.  Last year I learned that I CAN do triathlons!!!!  And October 15, I learned that I also can run a half marathon!   I traveled to Baltimore to run the Baltimore Running Festival's Half marathon with one of my dearest friends Jennifer Schwartz.  We did it!!  Truth be told, this race was sort-of a litmus test to see if in fact, I could do it without being miserable.  What do you know?   Although it was hard.... (really hard!!!!), I did it!  and loved the feeling of reaching that accomplishment.



Perhaps you are wondering how running this 1/2 marathon figures into TriForAmani.... do you have a guess???????















:)

No comments:

Post a Comment